Saturday 15 March 2014

Did you miss me?

It's not uncommon for Detectives to disappear once in a while...like my boss, the resident of 221b Baker Street, who very recently came back after two years! Infact (bless him) he faked his own death in order to take on the most dangerous villain in the history of the world! I of course knew all along that he was undermining a network belonging to said villain and would return when he was done...which he now has.


It's a strange thing when someone comes back - especially if you thought they were dead. Lot's of things spring to mind. 
Firstly:
* a blank shock
* followed by disbelief
* followed by anger
* and to finish with...rage

Dear John was a little unimpressed when my boss revealed he was indeed not dead and to add insult to injury he tried to make a joke out it - which didn't go down too well at all. John was just about  to make a proposal of marriage to his girlfriend Mary when my boss decided to reveal himself - so the timing was particularly bad.

After the initial shock, followed by dear John trying to strangle my boss in the middle of a busy high class restaurant; I suggested that they should all pop down to the local chippy and sort the whole thing out over a nice bag of lovely golden chips made from a good quality potatoes. This is always a great idea when comfort is needed after a shock or when the 'Chips are Down' (Pardon the pun)

It all turned out alright in the end. Dear John has eventually forgiven my Boss, Mary and John are now engaged, my Boss Likes Mary (which is rare) and if you ask me I think the chips played a big part in it all. 

But just as we had all settled down to our life of crime solving - somebody else asked the same question...oh dear, here we go again :/

No comments:

Post a Comment