Saturday 15 March 2014

Take a deep breath


We all have to face things we don't want to do at times and my boss (resident of 221b Baker Street) knows this full well. He has an interesting collection of things which he keeps in case an emergency arises. Apart from Duct Tape - which we all know is the number one survival item - second on the list is Bungee Cord.
I have to say I never go anywhere without it. Bungee Cord comes in handy for multiple uses, like:

Braces to hold your trousers up
Curtain tie backs



Flexible Toy storage

Chair upholstery

Bracelets
bungee
ˈbʌndʒi/
noun
noun: bungee cord
  1. 1.
    a long nylon-cased rubber band used for securing luggage and in the sport of bungee jumping.

    My boss found his bungee cord very useful on a certain occasion when he was infact about to throw himself off a roof and didn't want to hit the floor. The rather long bungee was exactly the length he needed for the stunt. I remember he had asked me to pop down to the hardware store and buy a specific length in a 'gainsbro' grey which was a particularly good camouflage.


    So there we have it. Bungee Cords and lots of reasons why you should never leave home without one :) Though I must point out, it doesn't work well when jumping out of planes...for that you would need a parachute :)

    Smile and wave boys - smile and wave! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment